Got your ballot? The County of San Mateo has all the resources you need to successfully vote: https://www.smcacre.org/post/vote-mail-ballots
Vote by Mail Ballot
Voting by mail is easy!
- Vote your ballot by filling in the box next to your choice.
- Put your voted ballot inside the postage paid return envelope.
- Sign the return envelope between the hole punches. This is important! (In order to count your ballot, we must match your signature on the envelope with the signature in your voter registration record.)
- Seal the envelope.
- Return the ballot.
Return Your Ballot
Don’t delay! Once you vote your ballot and properly sign the envelope, you need to return it on time. Here’s how:
- Drop it off in the mail. It can only be accepted if it is postmarked on or before Election Day, and received by our office within 17 days after Election Day (Per AB 860 – The 17 days allows an extended period of time for the ballot to be received during the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Drop it off at any Drop Box location.
- Drop it off at any Vote Center.
Drop Box Locations in San Mateo
King Center Recreation Center (Outside)
725 Monte Diablo Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
Due to Public Health Orders, this Ballot Drop Box location will be available starting October 31. See Library website for details.
55 West 3rd Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94402
Ballot drop-box locations are listed on the County website here:
Now you can also track your ballot here: