Recreation Facilities – Vision to Reality
In September 2016, the City Council approved the Recreation Facilities Strategic Plan (RFSP). With a system of recreation centers and pools that is mostly 50+ years, the RFSP created a vision and plan for facilities that can better serve the community for the next 50 years. Planning is currently under way to refine this vision into an actionable plan- identifying the specific spaces/facilities that should be provided at each location, reviewing and selecting from options that can achieve these preferred spaces/facilities, and costing out those choices so that a funding and implementation plan can be developed. We need your feedback! To help, please see next steps below.
- What the Community Told Us – Community Priorities
- Facts About Current Facilities
- What is the Vision for the Future System?
- District Centers – 3 multi-use recreation facilities located throughout the community
- Lifestyle Center – Our signature facility themed around active recreation, with an emphasis on fitness, wellness, and aquatics.
SEE: Complete Recreation Facilities Strategic Plan
Next Steps…How You Can Help Refine the Plan
For each facility, we have identified key trade-offs or questions and developed two initial options for addressing them differently. We need your opinions about the relative priorities and options. You can provide this feedback in the following ways:
Visit one of our locations and post your thoughts on the Survey Display Boards
- Bay Meadows Community Park (near restroom building)
Open House with Staff: Saturday, June 23, 2018 from 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Beresford Center – Anytime between June 11, 2018 – June 29, 2018
Open House with Staff: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 from 4:30pm – 8:00pm
- King Center – Anytime between June 11, 2018 – June 29, 2018
Open House with Staff: Thursday, June 28, 2018 from 4:30pm – 8:00pm
If you have questions about the Recreation Facilities Strategic Plan (RSFP), please contact:
Project Manager: Paul Council
Phone: (650) 522-7463