We need to address the housing affordability crisis, but we don’t want to make it harder to get around town or harm the climate. Join Friends of Caltrain for this discussion to:
- Learn about the connections between housing affordability, traffic reduction, and climate change.
- Hear what neighboring communities are doing to reduce the need to drive.
- See how you can help make your community more walkable, affordable, and transit-friendly.
- Nina Rizzo manages GreenTRIP Certifications at TransForm. The GreenTRIP program supports multi-family residential developments that implement strategies to reduce traffic, parking and greenhouse gas emissions
- Nevada Merriman of MidPen Housing is designing and developing affordable housing where residents can reduce their reliance on cars
- Elaine Breeze of SummerHill Apartments works on “smart growth” multi-family rental housing and mixed use developments
TransForm, Housing Leadership Council, Home for All, Silicon Valley Climate Action Alliance, OneSanMateo, Imagine San Mateo, Friends of Caltrain